The HCMA is diligently working on the creation of a fully funded Physician Wellness Program (PWP). The program will offer members resources to promote work-life balance and physician wellness.
The PWP will be up and running by late spring. By year end, resources will grow and program specifics are expected to include:
- Completely confidential access to seasoned psychologists where there is no diagnosis made, no insurance billed, and no electronic records kept.
- Appointments are self-referred and member initiated only. HCMA membership will be confirmed via the online HCMA member database and the HCMA will be billed directly with de-identified data.
- A confidential hotline will be available, as well as telemedicine sessions.
- Online resources and informational articles will be available on the HCMA website.
- Educational seminars and speakers, small support groups, and coaching sessions, will be offered throughout the year.
To launch the program, a Physician Burnout Prevention CME Seminar will be held on March 29th at the Westshore Grand in Tampa. The event is complimentary for members and their significant others. If you haven’t registered yet, please contact Kay Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org.